- Category: Movie News
- Published: Thursday, 30 December 2021 16:59
In year two of the pandemic era, some audiences were comfortable enough to return to the movie theaters but not in droves like in pre-pandemic times. Five of the top highest grossing films were superhero films with the remaining being sequels and one original property. Below are your highest-grossing films of 2021 at the domestic box office.
Disney was the biggest winner with three Marvel films and one from their newly owned 20th Century library. Sony Pictures won the year by far with SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME earning double the amount of the other films in only two weeks of release, and Sony also owned two other spots on the list.
1. Spider-Man: No Way Home (Sony) $536,591,855
2. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (Disney) $224,543,292
3. Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Sony) $212,527,511
4. Black Widow (Disney) $183,651,655
5. F9 (Universal) $173,005,945
6. Eternals (Disney) $164,500,534
7. No Time to Die (MGM) $160,772,007
8. A Quiet Place Part II (Paramount) $160,215,261
9. Free Guy (20th Century) $121,626,598
10. Ghostbusters: Afterlife (Sony) $121,568,060